View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
crazychef
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Let's act like adults so no one has to take a time out, please.
why even join that fight, there is a topic at hand here

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
ooooo nice one. Clever. see even with a great debate everyone can also have a little fun without being nasty towards one another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Without being nasty to one another? What thread have you been reading?
we may get a little rowdy, but we all know its not personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I don't get it.

WmWifiRouter (as a product) is NOT designed to "get around PAM" - it is designed to bridge your wireless data link on your phone into a WIFI access point. So you can share the connection with

* multiple devices
* devices with wifi but without BT or USB
* devices without the need for a USB cable

It is commercial software. It's up to you to ensure you are not violating your TOS by using it.

Do you really not understand that?
right, and creating that bridge yourself, or by using any other means to do so other than adding the proper plan from sprint, is a clear violation of TOS and stealing services from sprint.. which countless numbers of you have also pointed out as well.. your all saying you know what your doing is wrong, but i dont care... poor logic, doesnt justify stealing..

and with the highlighted section, you right its up to each one of us as individuals to make sure we dont violate our carriers TOS, expect we all openly admit we are in fact knoweldegable to the fact the were are actually violating our TOS, and in fact encouraging others to violate their carriers TOS as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
And so the PAM crusades begin!

ICS hacking/tethering is like downloading mp3's. Most of the people here do it and most of the time the companies don't care or look for it. Doesn't make it any less wrong, but to most of us it's just like, whatever, who cares. Just so long as you're not one of the unlucky ones to get axed.
so as long as you, or you, or you, or you....or you are the ones that DONT get in trouble screw it, lets go ahead and set as many people up with this as possible, lets attempt to make neewbies the fall guys for our trangressions.. hey maybe if i get more people to use this stuff, maybe itll lesson the odds "i"/"me"/"we" get caught, or atleast itll take longer..

right, noone really cares if their actions really brought down some heat onto PPC, because in fact, were all about ourselves, not the community we try to say were interseted in keeping as a site of integrity.. and by continuing to allow this kinda of behavior, esecially when again, everyone admits they know its wrong, "but who cares", were making this site anything but a place of integrity..
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"