View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i'm gonna try to get this thread back on track. i've never tethered before and just tried to do it. and it doesn't work. so if i use the ics hack which means i am going around not paying sprint $15/month for pam then how is ics not a ware?
You're using the Palm? Looks like you'll need to pay or search how to enable ICS which Palm disables in their ROM. That has nothing to do with this thread, so it's still not on track.

I'm using a Touch Pro, which HTC nor Sprint disable ICS in the stock ROM. I have connected it to my Linux laptop via USB and confirmed that launching the bundled ICS application in the Stock sprint rom and tapping CONNECT does indeed connect ICS, and gives my laptop a RNDIS connection.

I verified the connection as working, ran a speed test, and then disconnected it.

I have not repeated the test until just now. It still works.

I have no use for it, but its possible.

To actually get back to the real point of this thread:

Legally all US based forums must self-police to conform to the DMCA Title II provision, which covers specifically
Quote:
DMCA Title II, the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act ("OCILLA"), creates a safe harbor for online service providers (OSPs, including ISPs) against copyright liability if they adhere to and qualify for certain prescribed safe harbor guidelines and promptly block access to allegedly infringing material (or remove such material from their systems) if they receive a notification claiming infringement from a copyright holder or the copyright holder's agent. OCILLA also includes a counternotification provision that offers OSPs a safe harbor from liability to their users, if the material upon notice from such users claiming that the material in question is not, in fact, infringing. OCILLA also provides for subpoenas to OSPs to provide their users' identity.
Telling someone "change such and such registry value from DUN to SPRINT" is not linking to or providing access to infringing material. Creating a CAB that applies a registry edit and linking to that also does not provide access to infringing material.

Beyond that, what is and is not allowed is at the discretion of the website owner, and is laid out clearly in the Stickies at the top of the Forum Rules section

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

And that's the answer.

For the 15000th time.