View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Ok thats is wrong (nt accurate beyond a doubt).

My account with the U727 usb air card is not capped at 5GB.
New users who are not on a business account or corporate, may come under this.

This "cap" isn't universal. I frequently go over 5GB a month on my Unlimited account with Sprint. And my contract is honored to do so without scrutiny.

I can verify this.

700MB+ over and counting. No alterations in my serivce & this is the 5th month in a row that I have done so.
From what I remember the 5GB is a soft-cap and Sprint will let you go over. However if you go over multiple months in a row (or something about 1 in 3 months? don't remember) they have the ability to cut your service. I have not heard any reports of anyone actually getting cut off however. This arguing about the 5GB cap is definitely out the boundary of the OP though. I don't think the legality of tethering without PAM was really in question and proving a 5GB cap exists doesn't really mean much besides Sprint is trying to stop people from abusing their networks.