View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 PM
CozBoogie
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Let me jump in here boys and girls...

First off...I'd like to remind everyone that we do have a zero tolerance against warez. What that means is that if we find "it" that we'll remove "it."

Now...the real problem (as evidenced by this thread) is that the definition of "it" is always changing.

PPCGeeks doesn't have a problem with the discussion of warez and what it entails. We do however try to ensure that we don't host warez here. Notice that I used the word "try".

With over 54,000 threads, 708,000 posts, and 217,000 members, it's very hard to ensure that this site is 100% clean of warez. That's why we rely on our members to help spot it and bring it to our attention. We also rely on outside sources (e.g., Microsoft, Shazam, etc.), to bring other issues to our attention. If a take-down request is made we will comply 100%.

Let me just point out that there has never been a request made to stop having discussions about warez from the staff or from outside parties.

Let me also point out that to the best of my knowledge there has never been a request to take-down discussions regarding tethering. If such a request is made then we'll deal with it then.

The bottom line is this site is always in a constant state of flux...the definition of warez is always changing...we, the staff and members, need to always be aware of what's going on. Things will always change and that change may result in certain discussions be removed.

PPCGeeks staff does not concern ourselves with what is exchanged via private messaging. That is between the individual parties.

The only request I want to make to the members of this thread specifically is to be respectful and polite to everyone. Because more members have been banned for being rude than for discussing or offering warez.

late,
Coz

Last edited by CozBoogie; 02-23-2009 at 01:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.