View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:10 PM
crazychef
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Although I can't speak for the mods, I'm sure they have tried their best to comply with DMCA regulations since those matters regard copyrighted materials. They have already made it abundantly clear that warez is already disallowed.
that thread, with shazaam, open with COZ stating that... then he supllies the new files... hes kind of a big deal around these parts isnt he? i dont pay attention to status, or atleast try not.. i dont know whos a mod and who isnt..

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
If it falls outside the DMCA, and the whim of the site owner/admins, then yes. If not, for either reason, then no.

Bring it up with the mods if you think they missed something.

The rules seem abundantly clear. Should you feel someone else is breaking them, alert an admin.

If you yourself feel you have had some rule incorrectly applied, make your case to the admins.

If you don't like the rules, there's not much you can do.
i obviously dont feel a rule was incorrectly impose on me which ive noe stated for the 3rd time i feel it waas justified.. is this not me alerting the mods, admin, everybody.. did i open a thread in an inproper matter or something? or is my topic just too taboo and needs to be squashed and quited by the masses? where did i say i dnt like the rules, this isnt a crusade for warez being tolerated, this is me asking, and giving my evidence how maybe we should start looking at this in a different light, before were forced to do so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
schettj, the OP states very clearly this thread wasn't started to discuss a moral or legal issue. He has stated several times that he steals a service you are supposed to pay for.

The point of this thread was this: We're not allowed to talk about anything remotely connected to warez because it's stealing software that we are supposed to pay for. So then why are we allowed to talk about ways to steal a service that we are supposed to pay for?

It doesn't matter how we steal the service, whether it comes on your phone or not or whether it works out of the box or not. That doesn't matter. The fact of it is that Sprint wants you to pay for a Phone As Modem plan to use data on a device that isn't your phone. We are getting around paying for that plan by whatever means, which is stealing. The OP thinks we shouldnt be able to talk about stealing service we are supposed to pay for and compared it to the currently enforced rule of not being able to talk about stealing software we are supposed to pay for.
EXACTLY!!!!
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"