View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:35 PM
w0rdie
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjn
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffUrRcker
The browser itself is irrelevant, all that matters is the plan. You are getting the same data on a VCAST phone as you are with an XV6700 on the unlimited data plan for $45. Your carrier figures you're going to use the internet more with IE and a big screen and keyboard, so they charge you more. It's just discriminating. Unless you can trick a retarded CS agent to give you an MOU data plan, your only option is to change your esn. It's not difficult, just illegal. It works well if you have a clamshell you know you won't use, just use that esn. And I didn't tell you to do it. :]
The PPC tries to go over #777 where as the BREW connection doesn't. As far as I know.
No. The device WILL dial #777 with another username/password.

You can use EPST to check your default username/password on the page named "M.IP settings". If you change the option to "Simple IP only" it will use the username/password you've specified in the connection settings. Here in PR China, the carrier uses "BREW/BREW" with brew and "CARD/CARD" for internet access. And there's an "SMTP/SMTP" for push mail.

Anyway, brew stands for "binary runtime environment" which is designed by quallcom for their MSM processors (arm core?? no idea). Thus I've no idea if it can only be implemented on other cpus. But I guess it is not that simple to do that.
So if I get the "BREW Access" enabled on my account I can access the web via #777?