View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:56 AM
DarkLord
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
The ICS Software is included in the ROM - the SOFTWARE is FREE and/or YOU ALREADY PAID FOR IT

Man, what is wrong with people's reading comprehension on this thread?

You can edit your REGISTRY all you want. Check with sprint. (edit - changed "rom" to REGISTRY - my bad)

You can use software that comes from Sprint all you want.

You can (I know its gonna hurt, but THINK...) violate your TOS using the stock software supplied by Sprint, with or without editing your registry.

Now, how is this the same as cracking a commercial software package?

Use logic in your proof for extra credit.

For fun, consider this. You pay for your internet at home. You can visit sites using free software, and on those sites (or even via say bittorrent) you can download music and movies that you did not pay for.

You just violated your ISP terms of service, and broke a law or two, and yet you did NOT crack any software nor use warez.

If I told you it was possible to download music and movies on this forum, would that violate the 'no warez' rule?

If I told you that you could go to the pirate bay or use google to find torrents, would that violate the rule?

Would that make it ANY MORE LEGAL? No. But it does not expose ppcgeeks to any liability.

This topic is funny. Like trying to teach a pig to fly.

i'm not brain dead, i get all that. i just don't see a difference in stealing by not paying the $15/month fee and using a crack instead of purchasing the real software. no matter what, we're going to go round and round over this. and since PPCGeeks are part of my family these days, i'll just say we agree to disagree and call it a day. i've leaned quite a bit in this thread. thanks all.