View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Rabid_Gypsy
Halfway to VIP Status

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Ok, first Mike is the walkie-talkie cell phone system on Telus and I'm still unsure why that was brought up in the first place, it isn't a data system. Second, ICS is perfectly fine and not warez on Telus effective the 25th, if they can detect tethering as they indicated to me, if I use it without a pre-set plan, I get an outrageous $8/MB fee. By your deffinition if I'm paying for the service it's not warez. WModem did work out of the box, other than installing drivers onto my computer (that came with the phone). I'm pretty sure that WModem and ICS are the same program. Finally, why would you use religion as and example if you don't want it brought up, I'm not going into it, but use a different example if you don't want someone else to talk about it. I get it, you just want to debate people, but I've seen a few really good points that you dismiss without really explaining why. I agree that the exerpt from the Telus' TOS doesn't say anything to give the impression that they even care about tethering, if they did it would have been mentioned directly... You are not allowed to share the data connection with any other unit... Although it is written in lawyer, us dummies have to be able to understand it too.

ROM: DarkRoot