PPCGeeks Regular

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Kudos that was an excellent answer=D>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tplane37 View Post
The general concept is that WM 6.5 is still in it's development stage. The leaked 6.5 (from what I have read) came from China, therefore, much of the information is written in a language that very few of us understand. The people that are working hard on developing this ROM to a status that can simply be flashed, are working very hard. They are having to go line by line in 7,000 to10,000+ files translating languages, and then having to go back again once everything is translated to tweak the ROM to work on devices that WM 6.5 was not meant for.

I for one, am not terminologically challenged by any means, but at the moment, I still have much to learn and am very thankful to those who are able to get in deep enough to essentially write an OS from scratch...which might actually be easier than all the translation and tweaking going on with 6.5.

Basically, unless you are to the required level to cook ROMs, create OEMs (not convert a CAB to an OEM, but actually sitting down and writing code and understanding the various forms of programing that are involved here), and properly translate from a language that is nearly impossible to correctly translate to English, and understand multi-national programing languages....Long and short, be patient. The Flashable ROM will come. And I can pretty much promise you it will not come from me, but if I see something that I think will help, I am going to put in my two cents. If it works, great. If my ideas don't work, that's great too...just one more way NOT to correct an issue.

It has been said: "I did not faill 10,000 times at making the light bulb, I simplu found 10,000 ways not to make one." It only takes once to get this right, but people are having to find out how not to do it before they release a ROM with their name on it .