Old 02-23-2009, 02:30 AM
snowplow54
PPCGeeks Regular

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

I look at paying for a product like pdanet to be similar to buying a slingbox. i could pay the monthly fee for PAM or sprint tv, but why not pay the one time fee? now, i'm sure you could say that one is violating the TOS and one is not, but so what. usually surfing the web for an hour uses less data than, watching my slingbox on my phone for an hour. Also, if I violate my TOS, then sprint has a few options; they can charge me additional fees, terminate my contract, or do nothing. If sprint does nothing, then who's to say I owe them anything. And that is where the difference is, providing illegal cracked programs would get ppcgeeks shut down, where as giving you the means to violate YOUR own TOS is up to your discretion to use, and up to your carrier's discretion to enforce.

please note that I capitalized "your" in the last sentance because not all TOS's are the same and it is up to you to know your TOS and not up to ppcgeeks. if internet sharing violates one person's TOS and not another's, then it should be posted on here, and left to user to decide what to do.

Last edited by snowplow54; 02-23-2009 at 02:37 AM.