View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Dr.8820
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
a lot of people split hairs over this one. "i pay for unlimited so i use it how i see fit". is a typical statement i've seen over the past year or more. the reality is that anyone altering their phones in such a way that they are able to use PAM without paying the extra $40+ month fee is stealing. their is no grey area. PAM (with Sprint anyway) is an extra service that costs $40+ per month and circumventing the fee is stealing.

i'm not certain i necessarily agree that it's the same as warez but i think they're perhaps first cousins.
that's why i say chef has a point. if you hack your phone to go around paying, that's theft of service. a sprint phone as a modem plan is only $15/month. if you're not paying that $15 and you're tethering, you are stealing my friend.
This post has been thanked 1 times.