View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 03:47 AM
lattisimo
PPCGeeks Regular

lattisimo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

is it really a matter of legality? Or is it more a mater of consiquence?

a lot of things we do here could be questionably legal. as kenny mentioned "legal precedence" is there any. i don't know or care if there is or isn't. all i care about is are our actions going to bring any negative consequence to ppcgeeks. they are responsible for our actions. the warez is banned because that opens a door that has legal precedence for those software companies to sue ppcgeeks. that is the last thing i want the great people that make all this possible to have to deal with.

as far as tethering, there is no pressidence, at the moment, and it is not cost effective for the service providers to pursue it. there is a 5GB cap whether you have PAM or not. the real reason they charge you $40 a month for PhoneAsModem is for the technical support. it cost them a lot more to train and pay someone to support the additional hardware (laptop/desktop). that $40 makes it so that you can call them when it doesn't work. And, i know that no one here is going to call sprint for technical support so they can get there laptop on the internet. that is what we do for each other.

now if there comes a day when there may be repercussions for this great community then at that time i think the activity should be banned but, until then, i think we should keep doing what we are doing. Lets help each other get the most out of great WM devices.

BTW,

i tether and don't pay for it.
i use warez and don't pay for it.
i torrent and don't pay for it.
i smoke pot, but i pay for it.
i do many other things that are not legal.

but as long as the only one that is responsible for it is me... then i am going to keep doing it.

and if you wanna do something "Illegal" and it will not hurt someone else. then i say, "Do It" lol

if you get caught then it is your consequence and no one else.

Last edited by lattisimo; 02-22-2009 at 03:54 AM.