View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 03:24 AM
crazychef
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post
Has any legal precedence been established for this matter? Has any court of law confirmed that it is in fact illegal to connect my phone to my computer and use the services the phone and plan I purchased provides?

Right now I believe it's a gray area, much like freely distributing modified copies of the Windows Mobile operating system, or engineering software that unlocks phones so that the modified copies of Windows Mobile can be placed on your phone.
um this isnt a court, and ur unlimited data isnt included in that fashion if u read terms of service.. and if we want to be technically anytime someone breaches a contract, its breaking the law, maybe not criminal law(depends on the type of contract), but civil law.. OJ wasnt convicted of 7 counts in a criminal court when he murdered 2 people, but he sure the hell was found guilty on all counts in a civil case now wasnt he...

and since when can u freely distribute copies of windows OS and software?? and phones are allowed to be unlocked, u can even buy them that way.. your not allowed to unlock them and jump carriers, without the appropriate avenues being taken.. and roms arent an issue, its not something were suppose to be paying for to upgrade on.. only if they offered ones we could buy, and then ported that over for everyone else... even with the HD, the UI isnt really any different, and wasnt promoted to be anything other than 6.1, with tf3d just like alot of things, so thats not a paid upgrade we should have needed to pay for and didnt...

i mean look, the 6.5 that was floatin around here, was gettin too good for the people at MS, look what happened... that was in their eyes giving something of theirs away for free.. crossed the line i guess.. but if u wanna be technical romming would be bad, every says oh "this is MY rom here" but you have liscened app and progs in there especial all those pretty MS logos and copyrights all over em.. if you charged someone, your disrbuting warez arent you? its not really yours, you merely glued the pieces together didnt you? i know tons of things are freeware, but youtubes, MS office things, hell just the fact yu can goto, settings>system>about> and see the name MICROSOFT in 'YOUR ROM' makes it legally questionable...

but hey rom away...ive seen some great work(screenshots) from u guys.. i dont however flash either.. but keep it up, especially if u can ruffle the feathers of lame B.G. at MS lol
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"