View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 02:40 AM
crazychef
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
wow, i think this is pointless.

i would think it goes with where the focus is. software pirating is high priority, however slight theft of service (still paying for service, just not everything you should) is very low priority, aparently even to the carriers who are being hurt by this. it sounds like they would prefer to overlook ppl doing it unless they are abusing it.

my vote is that since the software creators are fighting to keep illegitimate copies of their software of the internet but the carriers are not really fighting everybody who is in breach of the TOS over ICS, that tethering hacks/software does not deserve to be considered the same as warez.
see, atleast you made sense, and have a good point. the first one i didnt laugh at before i stared typing.. the entities politics/priority shouldnt really effect it though.. off the wall example..

my state of MI is super harsh with child supprt laws, high priority you could say even.. They will throw you in jail quicker than you can ask for an attorney if you owe areages... yet you can slide by most officers in the state with a beer or 2, or hit .09(our limit is .0, or i get away with a joint or 2 all the time(dont drink)... does the priority level so to speak of my state,the entity in my exmaple here, make my other actions any less dishonest in nature, because we are allowed to slide sometimes?

cell companies need to worry about cell usage i agree, thsta what costs the most, and getting that for free is the most illegal.. but its kind of a cop out to say "well their too busy to notice or care really"... its like saying the farmers has tons of corn to get money of off, so he wont mind if i take a few tomatoes..

it still comes down to defintion, getting something thats supposed to be paid for through some diviated, manipulated, or intentional way of getting it for free
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"