View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 04:10 AM
DigitalAttic
Regular 'Geeker

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Talking Re: *20 Feb* UPD 14: See OP! - SSK 1.5M *7* OS Kitchen incl WM6.5 Build 21159 Beta RO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
Wow after using each for a day or two I am having a REALLY hard time now deciding between 20931 and 20954. I can finally ditch 21109 as 20954 has all the same positives as 21109.

as I mentioned earlier, 20954 is rediculously fast in some areas, seemed really nice overall, but I was getting random "pauses" when tapping the touch screen a lot. 20931 is also fast, faster in some ways, not as fast in others, but doesnt seem to suffer from the random pausing nearly as much (though it does still happen occasionally).

both builds have been stable (but have locked up on me at least once, usually when using Opera).... I cant decide which to stick with!

SCOTT! which do you prefer?? 931 or 954?
Bast,

I've had the same debate and can't decide either! Next up would be a battery drain test, but that Bob's area of expertise...

Bob, care to run some battery drainage tests on these builds?

Other than that, I would be curious to see how SPB MS3 performs on these when it's released next month. That and the power drain would do it for me.

In the mean time, I continue my quest to master SASHIMI/Makisu-- S&M, as I fondly refer to them-- and then I will be set. Once this is done, I will be able to load test these builds, as I install 50+ apps after flash: I like lean/clean but functional ROMs, and these builds with the kitchen provide just that.

About the only other area I would like to see refined- if possible- is the "sounds." I know WM and some of the OEM packs use certain sounds by default, but I like to keep my sounds (Alerts, Alarms, Rings) in a structured folder hierarchy under Windows, as I dislike files just dumped into the Win folder. I'm not sure if removing some of the larger WAV files would create a smaller ROM image, but any memory saved for the VZW TGimP helps. The problem I run into is that most of the SYS/OEM sounds are ROM after flash, so I can't move them, and I don't know how to modify the default path locations in the kitchen, or whether I will "break" anything by doing so.

Overall, Scott's ROMs and Kitchen Rock Star, and I enjoy this forum and thread immensely!

EoDiatribe

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 02-21-2009 at 04:20 AM.