View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 AM
seti007
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using deactivated (from sprint network) Mogul as a GPS unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Erase port and ip address or make zero. I use 3.42.40. I get standalone gps locks usually in under 1 min.
Thanks again for the response. Ive tried all the steps that you mentioned after going through all the threads. Ive tried stock as well as some cooked roms. Ive also tried different radios including the one you are using. Ive been working on this darn phone all day today but still no luck. I do the QQPST tweak first, then the quickGPS install and then the reg editswith reboots in between. However, when I start google earth or live search they just sit there for as long as give them without a GPS fix. When I start IGO8, it works fine until I choose the com port for GPS (4) then it locks up and I have to reset. It works fine if I set the GPS port to something else so it does not try to initialize the GPS, but obviously, the GPS tracking is non functional!! Im just about to give up ang get rid of this stupid phone. Is there anything else I can try??
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700noobie View Post
That's odd. I don't think you need to do anything. I bought a mogul off ebay, it hasn't been activated yet, but I can run Pocket Streets and Trips on it and have the built in GPS tell me where I am every step of the way. And I had all radios off at the time so I'm going online anywhere. GPS is just receive anyway so you should be able to use it without any issues. Just as long as you have apps that don't need to get on the network for data, unless you have clearwire modem in your car off and your mogul is wifi'd into that. Theoretically possible, but haven't done that since I don't have clearwire.
Wow I wish I were that lucky. As I stated above, Ive spent soo much time on this that Im quite fed up!