View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33TZOR View Post
This many paged thread was linked from the HTC Touch Pro thread about using internet on the HTC Touch Pro. I'm trying to read 20 pages thus far but it is simply making things more confusing for me. I just want to use this HTC Touch Pro(Sprint) as my internet modem for my laptops.

Sprint wants to charge a recurring $15/mo or more for the "using the phone as modem" to share the PCS Vision Internet Service from Sprint. Anyone successful specifically with the HTC Touch Pro (no after OEM ROMs), and using the bluetooth with either Windows Vista, or Windows XP Pro versions?

Is there a simple "stop the bleeding already" way to do this? Appreciate this great website forum! Ron
I am tethering with my Sprint Diamond as I explained prior without issues.
Tethering with the Pro is probably similar.
If you look at Internet Sharing and it says Sprint, click on Connect and you probably will be ok.
I am using Windows Vista.
The first time I tethered, My Laptop went through some recognization procedures. Anytime after the initial Initialization, tethering takes a second as Vista recognizes the Connection right away.