View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 07:10 PM
BlackOceaN
PPCGeeks Regular

BlackOceaN is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: *Leaked* Sprint Diamond ROM v2.00.651.1 CE OS 5.2.20764

WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5.2 still very beta i would wait ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I finally loaded this ROM. I've been running stock since the phone came out and I was due for a hard reset to clean some stuff up.

I tried Mighty ROM and really didn't see what all the fuss was about. TF3D is completely usless IMHO (no matter how cute you make it) so that defeats more than half of why Mighty's ROM did. The FM Radio was pretty cool except I'd never use it.

I installed the Sprint Leaked ROM first to get the radio, then Might's ROM. As backup in case I got hosed I put a copy of the Sprint Leaked ROM on the internal card. After I was done playing with Mighty's ROM I reinstalled the leaked ROM from the internal storage card and that all went smooth. So now I know a have good backup if I decide to experiment with a future custom ROM. I think only a 6.5 ROM would convince me to try another custom ROM.

I updated to latest Google, JBed, OperaMini in the Process and the phone has been running quite smooth.

Only issue is finding all the places to shutoff the still very broken word substitute thingy which I had trouble shutting off on the stock ROM too. One more thing I need to kill but have not found it yet.

Only other manual work I need to figure out (which I'm sure is documented somewhere on this forum) is redirecting email to internal storage which is what I think chewed up memory on my prior instance.

Oh and the battery seems to be doing quite well.