View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Doobla
Lurker

Doobla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Ok, I followed all of the directions and upgraded the bootloader, radio and then ROM on the phone. Here is the problem I am running into... I bought a Verizon phone and have Alltel service. After unlocking the phone and cooking an Alltel ROM and upgrading the phone, when I dial *228 it still dials Verizon instead of Alltel. Dialing #777 dials Alltel, however. I had selected Alltel as my carrier when creating the ROM, so how do I get it to look at Alltel's network for the phone and not just the internet?

On my old phone, when Slide 2 Unlock is displayed it shows Alltel as the name next to my signal strength but on the new phone it doesn't show any carrier name. I'm not sure if that is helpful info or not. I can also tell it is using Verizon towers because there is a significant signal strength difference in my area.

Until I can get it to dial Alltel when dialing *228 I cannot complete the activation. Alltel themselves were more than happy to activate the phone based on ESN number alone. Thanks in advance for your help...

Jon