View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 AM
pixelpop
Regular 'Geeker

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 10th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.4.5 | . | BLACKOUT | . | 20764-UC

OK, here is a really esoteric (not bad for an uneducated blogger, eh?) question.

The Windows/Rings directory contains all the tones for alerts, rings, alarms, etc. So here is the issue: if you are selecting a ringtone for incoming calls, you get a dropdown list with the names of all the files in that Rings directory, or so you would think. If you change the event to text message notification, the dropdown again contains a list of files in the Rings directory, but not all of them. I attached my phone to the PC and examined the actual directory while viewing the dropdown and all the file names weren't in the list. For instance, I created a midi ringtone and put it in the Rings folder. It shows up when I have incoming calls selected as the event, but it's not in the list for the incoming text message event.

So the question is--how does the system selectively decide which files to display in the dropdown based on the event you have selected?