DWhite456
N00b

DWhite456 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Consolidated] [2009 02 13] Touch Pro Build Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
No matter where you bought it, if it has been longer than 30-days, you have to go to a flagship repair location. The tech will examine it, possible for as long as an hour, even with no wait.

If the tech determines it's defective, they will give you a refurbished/used phone. If there are none available, they can give you a new one, at their discretion. They can just as easily place an order to get more refurb/used/returned stock. Many times, that's exactly what they do.

If you have full insurance, you are more likely to get a brand-new replacement in-store. If not, I know that a lot of the time, they will order you a replacement.
I went to a repair store. Because I do not have insurance they said they would fix/repair replace for $55 or I could send the phone off to the manufacturer. They gave me no other options. Both suck, paying out of pocket or sending off and being without a phone for who knows how long.

I have the original born on 9/08 date. My symptons are the home key being raised and the phone gets very hot when tethering or synced.