View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:52 PM
lefty11
Regular 'Geeker

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **The Touch Pro Video Playback Bible**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Lefty11,

The issue with Coreplayer isn't with mp4 files in particular, it's with h.264 encoded video. You can encode an xvid inside an mp4 wrapper.

I bet your video that file you say is playing well in coreplayer either isn't h.264 or isn't 640x480 in the 700kbps range.

H.264 video at 640x480 at 700kbps won't play acceptably on a TP using coreplayer.

There are some good wikipedia entries to learn about the options with wrappers and codecs.
You are correct indeed it is not H.264 which sucks in Coreplayer right now, I was not trying to imply that, and apologize for not specifying. H.264 plays great in album , but 640x480 encoded mp4 (non H.264) does play fine in CorePlayer and if you do not have the video setting in Coreplayer to Qtv display , these files will show no video .Also my bigger xvids and Avi's really had issues. Maybe it's my imagination, lol. I was merely trying to help someone out who might experience that issue. But it will play the 640x480 encoded mp4 and TCPMP still will not play it without dropping tons and tons of frames . I am not an expert by any means and thus I appreciate your input as well as all the stuff from Dishe. Honestly, my issue was not what Core Player would or would not do originally but instead was the lackluster performance of TCPMP on my TP without having to reencode darn near every video I have just to watch it. Thanks

Last edited by lefty11; 02-16-2009 at 07:05 PM.