View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 PM
xameius
Lurker

xameius is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I completely agree that people should by no means commit insurance fraud, but when we pay full price for something, one would think it should work. There are legitimate, known problems with the 6700. Sure they don't effect every model, but I've gone through 2 units myself, both with the same issue (screen alignment and broken usb port). I don't see a problem with wanting an alternative to a phone that you've already paid $600 something dollars for, plus the $50 for each replacement (under TEP).

I actually think it's absurd that someone should effectively have to pay $700+ only to get a non-working (or soon to be non-working) phone. Aside from warranty replacements, Sprint should offer some kind of free-exchange for people who experience common defects. I shouldn't be paying $50 for something that is the fault of the hardware. And by no means should I be paying $50, just to receive a refurbished phone that will likely suffer the same issues, or other issues.

I don't know, maybe I've gone about getting my phone replaced the wrong way, but bringing it into the service center only yields them telling me to call Asurion.