View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:52 AM
lefty11
Regular 'Geeker

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **The Touch Pro Video Playback Bible**

Great info Dishe, really. I think with an 8GB card it is always nice to carry around a few movies for things such as Doctor office waiting rooms, airport layovers, or anything else that is a time waster. It is extremely nice to be able to sit and watch a video like it should be played , with no hiccups and such. I think you're info has been valuable for those of us who fall into that boat , and I say thank you. I agree the Album plays with what appears to be full acceleration . I did go back into CorePlayer and look at all the settings and played with a few . I watched a regular size full converted copy of a recent movie with just a bit of spotty issues , so it too works nicely enough to watch a converted down vga mp4. I know not everyone has CorePlayer but it works well since you have a few more app controls and it seems to work better with ORB also (my opinion). I know this is probably already known to people with CorePlayer but for those few who have not changed it yet on a vga mp4, got to Tools/Preferences/SelectPage/Video and select "QTv Display " as Video Output , and Select "High" for Video Quality . I hope this helps just a few peeps, but I can tell you, if you tried playing an MP4 without these two changes, you will be elated to see the movie playing well.
Sorry for all those who already knew this , but just trying to help anyone who overlooked it. I think it plays VGA just fine at very nice bps for 95 percent of the people . Thanks again for the great info, Dishe.