View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
wmdunn
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: changing to the diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
In the beginning it was awkward typing in portrait but it got real easy after a while and I forgot all about switching to landscape. Even when I use my b/f's Pro I just use the onscreen portrait keyboards... so give yourself time to get used to it and you'll find what works for you.. could be SPB.. or someother larger keyboard or you might just get used to portrait and all the keyboard choices they have, many recommend TouchPaL with the gestures... I get confused on the gestures so I don't like it. Try a few of them out and you'll find one you like.

Also, I use a small exe file rotatescreen.exe which can be found here in the Diamond forums created a shortcut and put it in my programs folder then put it in my quickstart menu.. I just use that to rotate when I want to use landscape in programs that are not automatic.

I do much prefer the smaller Diamond to the larger Pro for the very reason of size.. I had originally thought to get the Pro but couldn't wait so I went with the Diamond and worried that I would regret my impatience but I am very happy with the smaller phone! No regrets.
I agree completely with the size issue ... I carry mine in my front pocket. By the way, I have my "send" key (hold) set to rotate screen ... very handy.