View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Yodster
Lurker

Yodster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Constantly active data connection and how to stop it

I am trying to figure out how to fix this issue (and for that matter whether I have an issue or not). I just recently got my Mogul and I've been working with it extensively. One thing that I've noticed is that my data connection seems to constantly be active. The reason I believe this is that the signal strength icon on the top always has the two white arrows displayed and they are never grayed out, always solid white.

I am guessing this is a large part of why my battery seems to run down faster than I'd expect (down to 40% or less in 12 hours of moderate use). I do have an exchange server setup, but I don't believe that is what is causing the issue. I've had it set to receive emails as the come in as well as every half hour and there was no noticeable difference between the two settings. The only other app I have that is always pulling in data would be the weather section of the Kaiser Home screen plugin, but I've tried disabling the plugin and the same holds true.

I have made sure that I don't have any applications running in the background by going to the task manager and stopping all processes.

So the questions again are a) Do I even have an issue? and b) if so how do i resolve it?