Thread: CDMA security?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Darkflame808
PPCGeeks Regular

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA security?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hntrec View Post
I have a HTC Touch from sprint. I'm relatively certain that I don't need a firewall because it's a cdma phone, but what about my OS? Any product suggestions if one is even needed? I already know Kaspersky, what I use on my desktop, won't work, it's for gsm smartphones, not cdma pocket pc, neither will Symantec for same reason. Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions. A tech from sprint recommended this website.
Can you please elaborate what exactly it is you want?..I don't understand what you are looking for.

Are you talking about security like preventing a hacker from hacking your phone?

You don't need to worry about it. They make antivirus programs for phones because people are retarded enough to buy them.

I believe DUST was the first windows mobile virus created. All of a sudden anti virus programs popped up. To protect you from 1 virus.

Now we fast forward to now and there's MAYBE what 3 viruses? LOL!

Don't waste your memory, money or time on a anti virus program for your phone. Viruses are installed from downloading warez. You don't need to worry about being at a football game, stadium concert or in the middle of a mass of people and somehow getting your phone infected via airwaves or bluetooth or anything.

What you see in movies in strictly hollywood.
This post has been thanked 1 times.