View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I dispise the Touch Pro

what the hell is wrong with the GPS?! Install QuickGPS and supposedly you can cut lock times down to seconds, almost as fast as the Sprint TP locks.

I must say, having moved from the Mogul and dealing memory issues everyday and systematically closing every application after I used it, the TouchPro is wayyy faster.

I dislike the hardware buttons though. It seems that they are capacitive and require human touch to operate, so if I press the button with my gloves, it doesn't recognize it. I guess its good because it prevents calls from inside the pocket, but annoying because its like 10 degrees out and you want place a call without frostbite.

Anyway besides from that and the scroll wheel I don't think the Mogul trumps anything the TP has, especially in terms of performance.

Also the only reason I'm glad my phone has a camera is because I can use the flash as a flashlight. I never actually use the camera program, every phone I've had has horrific cameras. On the Mogul at least I could use it as a webcam, but the software hasn't been updated yet to work on the TP which sucks. I like to think of myself as an amateur photographer so I carry a compact everywhere I go since it just slips into my pocket. If you want nice camera quality, you won't find it in a phone with the lenses they have.

The Omnia looks like a nice device though and it still runs on Windows Mobile, but whether that is a good or bad thing you can decide.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 02-12-2009 at 11:54 AM.