View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Tplane37
PPCGeeks Regular

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Okay, I flashed the WM 6.5 again. I could not get the stock keyboard key to show, so I cheated. So far, since just after my last post when the link was posted, here's my list in order of completion:

ROM: WM 6.5 3.35.651.2 (Build 21159.5.0.0)
Radio: 3.42.50
Hardware Version: 0003
PRI Version: 2.03_002

-After flash, hard reset, QWERTY "R" then "Space"

-Screen Calibration

-No customization attempted to run, so I did not do a soft reset on this flash.

-Install DCD Verizon Carrier CAB

-Install GC Arcsoft 5.0.70.24 VZW CAB(from the link in my last post).

-Resco Keyboard Pro ARM CAB

-Test: SMS, MMS, Video Messages, MMS audio only, SMS to email, Picture message only, Picture message with audio. Send and receive on all. Success.

-ShadowTech_aGPS_Reg_Verizon CAB (Reg edits for aGPS)

-Soft Reset.

-RegEdit:
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/ShowTitleBarClock="2" (String)

-Soft Reset.

-LiveSearch WM6 CAB.

-Live_No_IM_0_409 CAB.

-Set up Live email (Hotmail).

-Setup up Yahoo email.

-Test: Send and receive emails with attachments from both emails. Success.

-Setup Outlook Mobile. Test emails. Success.

-Peronalizer_2.0 CAB (RegEdit to change the carrier name...just because)

-Windows Media Player functions...at least as good as before.

-IE8 works well, I changed the options in the MMS as to the disconnect after receiving data. I chose not to have it auto disconnect.

-Touch scrolling works, ROM actually got faster as I went along. Be REALLY patient on the set up for Live/Hotmail email after installing the CAB. It looks like it freezes up, but just walk away. It goes through.

-Ringer works, stock Dialer works. *228 option 1 errors out, but phone still worked so I didn't call Verizon as directed. *228 option 2 went through as normal.

Things I would like to do and get assistance with if I can. Whom ever developed the Titanium Today Theme....I would like to see this in the dialer as well. Since wt functions over to the Programs/Setting honeycomb, I would think it is possible to use it for the dialer in the same manor. I will be testing the iContacts in a bit. I am also working to get the Firefox Portable (The one you install on a flash drive and take with you) functioning. Will be very time consuming, but I have found out how to do it...at least to replace IE5. I would also live to bump the Page Pool up a notch without having to cook, haven't seen it mentioned if this can be done without a kitchen, also haven't tried it. Also, look at the last picture "91%" memory. Gotta take care of that!

I will post screen shots after getting my 3 year old to bed.

Last edited by Tplane37; 02-12-2009 at 12:45 AM.