View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fennec is released into the wild!

from Pocketnow:

Firefox "Fennec" Beta Unleashed to Public

Posted by Chuong Nguyen
Wednesday, February 11th at 01:34 AM

Engadget Mobile is reporting that the "Fennec" build, a Mozilla Firefox build of the browser for Windows Mobile, is now available for download. Note that this version is for the Touch Pro and its variants, including the HTC Fuze on AT&T.

There may be still some early bugs as this is an early release. Let us know how you like it and if you're ready to ditch Opera or Skyfire.

You can download the browser via Mozilla. Also, if you'd like to see Fennec in action, check out our video tour of an earlier alpha release.

I am going to give it a whirl on the diamond today to see how it works. Good luck guys!

Edit: some of the comments on the site say it wont work on the diamond but I be the guinee pig. I figured it was worth trying it since it's beta now. I have tried it and it loads but the screen never comes up. It's not usuable at this time. At least we know they are in beta and hopefully the diamond will be supported soon.

Last edited by Riley; 02-11-2009 at 11:45 AM.