View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
brokenlink
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
You were pressing in the middle and sliding your finger to the left to answer the call right?
Hmmm.. intuitively, I've simply been pressing the bar. Still getting used to the sliding functions for so much and didn't realize that the call answer also worked that way. Thanks. I'll give it a shot next time.

Again, I must compliment Kevan for this work. Outlook email is quite snappy, along with some of the other apps. I think the relative speed of the phone depends on the application, of course. As far as battery issues, the phone seems to go light on battery use when off, but then consumes power for calls and other connected activity, but it's still a large improvement on the Mogul. What kills me is when these manufacturers claim these batteries can give 4 or 5 days of standby time. I don't see how it can even give 2 days even if not used for anything.

On a side note to my quest for gmail, I've found a VGA java applet that displays the text the proper size, but you have to keep giving it permission to access mail, since it's unsigned so simple refreshes are painful. Now it seems to crash when run. Hard to believe that gmail via java worked so simple and elegantly on the Mogul.