View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:52 PM
kyrumo
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arcsoft MMS 4.0.31.23 & 4.2.8.1 UPDATE! 10-25-07

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenx06 View Post
I got it to work. No lie.

UPDATE! I also have the even newer version 4.2.8.1 working too! Check it out in the link under the old one.

Here's my OEM for it.
4.0.31.23:
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@www.ppcgeeks...4_10-22-07.zip

4.2.8.1:
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@www.ppcgeeks...1_10-29-07.zip

Unfortunately, I only have the details for Verizon right now, but if some can get me the server address, etc. for Sprint I can update this post with directions for it too.

Now heres the instructions:
1. During BuildOS, choose the new Arcsoft MMS instead of the old one.

2. Once you have cooked and flashed your new ROM, navigate to .[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

3. Add a string value
Name= X-VzW-MDN
Value= your ten digit phone number

4. Change the following value to these:
User-Agent= utstar67kv1
Accept= application/vnd.wap.multipart.related
Accept-Language= en

5. Okay, now open up messaging, hit "Menu", "MMS Options"

6. Select the "Servers" tab, and click "New"

7. Fill in the following:
Server Name= Verizon Wireless
Gateway= (nothing)
Port Number= 80
Server Address= http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via= (Verizon Wireless should be here as long as it is set up in your connections, it should be selected already)m

8. Hit "Done", then select you new Verizon Wirelss connection, and hit "Set as default"

Tadaaaaaa! Soft reset, and you should be good to go. This new app will disconnect you after sending/recieving a message and finally uses soft keys. Enjoy!

Here is some more info:
Thanks