View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
z28marols1
PPCGeeks Regular

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3000 mah Extended Battery Pictures

ok. I unboxxed the new battery and charged it with the phone overnight. So here I am, 36 hours after taking my phone off the charger, and its just now hit 1%. During this time I used everything as usual, however I surfed the internet 45 minutes more than usual, talked on a BT headset about 30 minutes more than usual, and restarted my phone several times (because the battery connections were loose, it kept turning off after a physical shock. this problem i solved, i'll explain later) the same usage with the stock batteries would have went like this: halfway through the day yesterday one would have died. I would have replaced it with a fresh one, however by the time i got home the second one would be almost dead. Would have charged both overnight, and repeat same scenario as yesterday.

I have 2 conclusions. First, a majority of the stock batteries are defective and either are not accepting a full charge or .... Second, this battery is well worth the cost and the extra bulk it adds to the phone.

In case anybody else who purchases this battery experiences the same issue I did with the phone shutting off after it receives a light physical shock I'll explain how I completly rememdied the situation. All I did was take a peice of 3M double sided take I had at work and stuck 1 side to the inside of the battery cover over where the battery would be. I left the paper on the other side (as I didnt want it to be permanently installed). The double sided tape I used has a pad in the middle, which worked to secure the battery in place so it wouldnt move. Problem solved!