View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
chadman
PPCGeeks Regular

chadman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-4-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Well my phone is only a few days old and I seem to really like this ROM. I was using a Mogul this last year with a ROM I build with the PPCKitchen. I started to use some of the available kitchens for my new phone, but could never come close to anything like this! Nice to have someone do all the work for me Thanks for the great work!!!!

Anyway something I noticed about the battery life on my phone with this ROM and others I have tried. I have been monitoring “Battery Monitor” and notice the discharge rate and when it changes. At home or where I have a great signal I seem to get ~57ma discharge almost all the time. I work in a building where I am lucky to get 1 bar signal strength at my desk and many places in the building do not get any signal. When I sit at my desk the phone is always a little warm and using about ~375ma. It takes forever for my phone to charge at my desk with the usb cable because of the high drain. Does the phone go into a higher radio power setting when the signal strength is low? I have not looked at task mgr yet to see if anything is using high cpu at this time, but will check that out next week at work.

Anyway, thanks for the great ROM and keep up the nice work.

Chad