View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Review/Rating Thread Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie View Post
Were we waiting on merdin's approval for the sticky LOL

I was thinking of starting off with a rough draft build of the post and then share that with you cooks for insight first before posting it onto the forums, i don't want to do anything that offends any of the cooks. I'm sure none of you cooks would mind such a thread exsist, but everyone is different, so it's always good to check with this like this first.

Even when it does get posted, it would probably just be an beta build of the post. I know it sounds funny giving a post project build phases, but as funny as it sounds, I think it would help some users better understand that the thread is an ongoing work in progress, similar to your roms and their version numbers. My vision is to make the OP colorful/color coordinated, much like the OP of your rom pages. If possible, I would like to include the pictures from your rom threads, or a different one if you wish to provide it.

I also have some other loose ideas, such as a monthly interview of one of the cooks. I guess it wouldn't be strictly about rating and comparing the roms, but kinda be like a cook/rom newsletter type of thread, highly driven by the community. I know this is all probably far-fetched, but if I can gain enough support, it could turn into something great for this community.
This sounds like a useful idea. IM not going to deny it. What I woudl do is eliminate any user "feedback" about performance. Do a spreadsheet with just "out of the download" features. I would try hard to stay away from any objecvtive measurement. Doing so will ensure there is no bias.

Donations always accepted but never expected!