View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Review/Rating Thread Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Egos. Well put...

To give you guys a general idea of my mindframe when hearing about my rom. Many people have asked me "Hey Mike, do you track your downloads?"

The answer is simple... no.

I don't want to know how many people downloaded my rom, I don't want to know how many people are using my rom.

It all comes down to egos. I spend a considerable amount of time tweaking my rom to "perfection"

I'd like to think EVERYONE is using it
--

To be honest with you. When I see the polls get posted of which ROM do you use, and I see alotta roms with only 1 Vote while other roms are already at 15-20 votes in the first 10 minutes... It shatters my heart as well.

This is the exact reason why in a months time there are only 2-3 chefs left. Because it's all about ego's in the end..

The end....

/end rant
IU agree and will nto even try to argue the posistion.. except about your ROM being on every phone... Everyone knows its MY ROM that should be on all phones ;c)

In the end if this is pulled off objectively and lets everyone submit there favorites and stays current I will support this. But I think you will find fanboys come in and start arguing, chefs like me that get left out, etc.

Your asking for a huge project but you have my support.... if you do it the way I want ;c) hehehehe.

I do think you should eliminate any poll that lets you pick a favorite ROM, instead show us how sincere you are and track each response from the users.

-Scott

Donations always accepted but never expected!