View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:35 PM
freeza
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Backup software testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I did have a problem with SPB last week while I was doing some early testing. For some reason SPB always seems to hang up forever on the restore.vol (or something like that) file near the end of any restore (it did the same thing in my old Titan). It then asks you if you still want to continue the restore or abort (I can't imagine why you would want to abort a restore). After saying OK, it then continues on & everything is fine.

Last week however, I got another error screen shortly after the first one saying the restore had "timed out". There was no option other than to say OK (& the progress bar was NOT all the way to the end). I had never seen this happen before, but I said OK & the system restarted & the funny thing is everything seemed to work fine at that point.......

~John
How weird.....i've never had any of those issues.

Maybe you've got a program running in the background that locks access to particular files that SPB is trying to backup/restore?

I usually do my backups/restores with as little running (If any at all) as possible.