View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backup software testing

I did have a problem with SPB last week while I was doing some early testing. For some reason SPB always seems to hang up forever on the restore.vol (or something like that) file near the end of any restore (it did the same thing in my old Titan). It then asks you if you still want to continue the restore or abort (I can't imagine why you would want to abort a restore). After saying OK, it then continues on & everything is fine.

Last week however, I got another error screen shortly after the first one saying the restore had "timed out". There was no option other than to say OK (& the progress bar was NOT all the way to the end). I had never seen this happen before, but I said OK & the system restarted & the funny thing is everything seemed to work fine at that point.......

~John