Old 07-31-2007, 11:56 PM
lofi
Lurker

lofi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi,
Thanks for this great plugin
The 6 tab is working OK on XDAIIs running xplodes WM5 ROM (ex kitchen)
I say OK because there appears to be a bug with it where it will switch to vibrate (silent) this appears to be a bit random but might be related to using the calendar app?

I found users on 4winmobile forum having the same issue they have fixed the problem for WM6 devices can we do it for WM5? Or does noone else have this issue? This is the post:
4winmobile(dot com)/forums/htc-hermes/10995-updated-6-button-htc-home-plugin-all-icons-coloured-clocks-1-package.html
copy & Pasted
This version DOES fix the random switch to vibrate problem, found this post by Schen, the easiest option to cure the problem in my view is to hard reset.
Please read:-

"Those of you that still experience random switching to vibrate after installing my version, you will have to do complete uninstall of the plugin including removing the "Notfications Queue" that might be left after uninstalling previous version of the plugin.

All previous version from JUVS(original version), Freelance2k7, and nUm(initial 6tab) create a bunch of notifications queue(one user here even reported 340 duplicates queue after several days of use without realizing it).

Notifications queue is not something you can SEE when your device is used normally. You will have to use some of the system tools(SKTools and Memmaid or possibly other tools) to check for the queue and tell you whether there is any queue created by this plugin. Do a complete cleanup. I posted somewhere in this thread earlier how to indentified notifications queue that this plugin created. Those eventhough are not duplicates have to be clean up also. The tweak I did was just denying the profile tab from creating new notifications but it still check for notifications possibly left out from previous install and switch to vibrate accordingly. Worse it wont delete the outdated queue. So if you already have the queue build up manual removal is MANDATORY. I personally do a hard reset and install everything from fresh when realizing my queue got messed up and installing into windows also screw my windows directory when opened with file explorer. This is what we got as a beta tester for HTC." Thanks to Schen.

29-7-07 Latest post in this thread from schen:-
I try various of things yesterday to get mine switch to vibrate automaticaly and the only time I saw the switch is when I am in in the middle of an appointment and that appoinment is being EDIT(manual edit or syncing with pc). Ofcourse if you have Full Day event, and it get change that day you will be switch. For now that will be my conclusion: "Swiching will occure during an active appointment, if that appoinment is being change/edit sync. Other than that I could not get mine to switch to vibrate..No plan to iron this out as I think it is pretty minimal already...moreover I already heard that there is a better version available on the kaiser already...so just wait for that one instead. If this bother you just disable the Profile Tab...it is not completed anyway.......