View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Hacker's log, supplemental...

Week two of Touch Pro indoctrination bootcamp going well.

SPL unlock, check

Flashed different radio so I can feel I am doing something that might help, check

Replaced TF3d with the HD one from xda (thanks fat boy!), check - funny, this one doesn't crash/restart all the time - makes me happy!

Various reg tweaks for speed, battery life (see essentials sticky, good work there!) - battery still horrible but I can deal, speed very good, most lags gone, phone rings now, and I can actually answer it - check!

Getting used to not having buttons for everything - check!

Getting used to new keyboard - love the extra row, hate the feel and smaller keys, but hey, can't have it both ways - check!

Opera tweaks done, learning to leave opera open (exclude it!) - browsing now only a little less good then on the ipod touch - check!

Tweaked out taskbar -found icon set that works for me, again nice! job there everyone, Check!

Like the phone a lot more - check!

Still think the average Joe would love this phone way more if it came out of the box all tweaked out. I am using WAY more ram then default and still have 80mb free. Phone flies with all this stuff loaded up in ram all the time. No need to close email, or opera ever, the two things I use 80% of the time....

Anyway, yeah, I'm getting there. This is one phone you have to work at if you've got history with the button-heavy mogul. I use it completely differently... takes several weeks to get comfortable with it, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited by schettj; 02-04-2009 at 09:41 PM.