Lurker
Threadstarter

jdepew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Won't connect in USB / Bootloader stuck in Serial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
Maybe you're going about this the wrong way. You even stated that OTHER devices are acting strangely as well when trying to use them via USB. Turn your attention to the PC. Anything significant changed on your PC as of late? Try a different PC. And remember, if you don't have ActiveSync loaded or whatever it is for Vista or 7 (can't remember the name), you're not going to get a proper connection, so it probably would do just the same in bootloader, not be recognized by the system, therefore not showing a connection on the phone.

Sounds more like a PC problem though.
I tried a combination of 4 different PCs running a collection of Vista and XP both with and without Active Sync to rule that out. No go on any, not even detected as a USB device. To further prove that its not a PC problem, my Axim connects and syncs on those without and with ActiveSync, respectively. So - the only constant is the phone.

Anybody else have any ideas on how to force the bootloader to USB short of hard reset, which we still don't know will work (and I'm avoiding as long as possible since phone still works fine other than usb sync and i'd rather not lose all my contacts, etc..)?

Thanks!