View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Tach
Lurker

Tach is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Just got my Pro today after Sprint ran out of Moguls. There are a couple things that are taking a bit to get used to.

Summary.
Tickled pink I've got it, needs getting used to. I guess I can accept their logic with how most things are layed out and organized, even if I would do it differently. The SD card slot was the only major disappointment

PROS.
Sleek design, awesome screen, sexy theme/GUI, nice pointer stylus (the palm Treo 800w was terrible). Decent camera, works for a phone. A screen keyboard that works if you can't/won't use the hard keyboard.

CONS.
Internal SD card slot that's annoying to get to. Big no no, for someone who relies on the SD card for data transfers (i use a linux box w/out active sync) it's a pain. The lack of a scroll button, "OK" button are my main complaints. Going to be touching the screen a lot more, smudging it a lot more and cleaning it a lot more.
Final complaint, redundancy between the GUI and WM OS. Seems like there are a lot of different places to go for the same thing. I.E. Settings or COM manager. Just seems to clutter up things, would be nice if there was a HTC tool allowing us to customize the UI and get rid of redundant or unnecessary items.