View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
briggs
mcom

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila HD Hybrid 1.4.1 - Updated Jan.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhoo View Post
I ****ed a ROM with the new 1.4.1 OEM, and I am still having a problem with the communications tab, also I never got the photos and videos to work either. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, I just can't see myself not having the stocks tab
glad I'm not the only one this happened to. It was a 20674 sys based kitchen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
What you are about to hear is insane....

OK, so i've been using Calkin's kitchen to cook my own rom to my liking. That said, I used Sprint Manilla and everything is fine and dandy. So I saw this and I've always wanted Manila HD with all other goodies. Off I went and downloaded the OEM pack of 1.4.1 and cooked it into the ROM.

I left the Weather.CityList and current state blank as suggested, as I normally "burn" this into the Sprint manila. I also have provxml to install the registry entries for program launchers.

Now here's the crazy part! After flashing and everything is fine, without adding any weather cities, I left my phone there idle for some times. When I went back and turned it on, and slide to the programs launcher tab. All the icons were a default "Not Found" icon (white icon with a window in the middle). This to say that all the shortcuts to programs on MAIN memory are gone. OK, fine, I thought a soft-reset would fix it, therefore, off I go and reset the phone. Upon reboot, instead of doing a soft-reset, it went into a hard-reset and makes me go thru the align screen and run Autorun and everything like the phone was just got flashed.

I experienced this 4-6 times every time I used Manila HD, and now switching back to Sprint Manila is fine now.

Any1 can explain this?
Some registry in your prov xml is screwing something up. Try with out the provxml and see how it goes. you might have to rebuild the programlauncher keys, since this manilla has two extra rows. I had to re extract and provxml mine when switching to hd manila.

Last edited by briggs; 01-30-2009 at 04:52 PM.