View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 PM
vboyz103
Halfway to VIP Status

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila HD Hybrid 1.4.1 - Updated Jan.29

What you are about to hear is insane....

OK, so i've been using Calkin's kitchen to cook my own rom to my liking. That said, I used Sprint Manilla and everything is fine and dandy. So I saw this and I've always wanted Manila HD with all other goodies. Off I went and downloaded the OEM pack of 1.4.1 and cooked it into the ROM.

I left the Weather.CityList and current state blank as suggested, as I normally "burn" this into the Sprint manila. I also have provxml to install the registry entries for program launchers.

Now here's the crazy part! After flashing and everything is fine, without adding any weather cities, I left my phone there idle for some times. When I went back and turned it on, and slide to the programs launcher tab. All the icons were a default "Not Found" icon (white icon with a window in the middle). This to say that all the shortcuts to programs on MAIN memory are gone. OK, fine, I thought a soft-reset would fix it, therefore, off I go and reset the phone. Upon reboot, instead of doing a soft-reset, it went into a hard-reset and makes me go thru the align screen and run Autorun and everything like the phone was just got flashed.

I experienced this 4-6 times every time I used Manila HD, and now switching back to Sprint Manila is fine now.

Any1 can explain this?