View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
gxip
PPCGeeks Regular

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's the "most efficient" version of Opera out for TP?

Quote:
Also, I installed a newer version of Opera on my first TP. When I did, it did not install over the version that came with the original sprint rom. When I went to programs--->All programs, it would show 2 Opera icons in the list. What is the best way to remedy this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I had the same issue when installing the newer opera 9.5, I don't remember the build but it's the latest released one in their website. Another issue that I experienced was that it would automatically open, every time i restarted the phone or closed the browser another one would pop up. To fix this I had to leave at least one tab open all the time. I uninstalled the older one and the link in the internet tab messed up (and I was to lazy to fix it). After reinstalling the original version I decided to leave it with that one and forget about the beta version. Maybe there are some fixes out there, but it's just too much of a hassle for me and I do just fine with the original.