View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 03:14 AM
ou2mame
i don't miss blackberry

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oh my god that was fun...something caused pic mail to die

i was on the phone with sprint for like 4 hours today trying to figure out why my phone couldn't receive picture mails. long story short, they did everything from their end to my end, and nothing was working. their servers for some reason couldn't connect with my phone at all, and over the air programming was nonexistent. i was talking to one of the advanced tech support guys, and he seemed really knowledgeable. i told him that i'd figure it out after he gave me whatever info he could, and about an hour after we hung up he called me back with another idea but it was a no go. long story short, i had to hard reset. something i had installed had blocked sprint from connecting to my phone. anyone have any ideas what that could be? networkwise, the only thing i've really installed is the tethering hacks, and the app to show the option on the usb menu, and i'm thinking that this might have been what had caused it. i was just curious. i've been very careful this time not to install anything network related, and i'm going to back it up and then see if i can possibly get the phone to stop responding to their servers again.

funny thing about it, voice calls, data, texts, all worked fine. i could even send pics, just not receive them. i could connect to their servers, but they couldn't connect to mine. odd right?