View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 AM
Vampyrate
PPCGeeks Regular

Vampyrate is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Vampyrate Send a message via AIM to Vampyrate Send a message via MSN to Vampyrate Send a message via Yahoo to Vampyrate Send a message via Skype™ to Vampyrate
100% Satisfaction? Yeah Right!

So for the 2nd time in about 3 weeks, I go to remove the screen protector from the phone to replace with one that isn't scratched and the screen peels up. When I was at home, the Verizon store fixed it under warranty. Since I am at school, the closest Verizon store is an hour away in another state, so I head out there after class. I talk with the technician there and he tells me tha the put a note on the account to call *611 to talk to customer service. Well, that's when the fun starts...

So the first woman on the line is just customer service for account issues and I explain the problem. After I give her all the information to access the account, I am informed that the technician says that it is a defect in the phone and that it is not covered under warranty because this would be my now 3rd replacement phone (making me eligible for another one of my choice within reason). After respectfully telling her that this cannot be the case (I didn't raise my voice once mind you) she transfers me to technical support where the gentleman on the line tells me the same thing, but only adds that since he cannot physically see the phone, the store has final say. Since I am no the account holder, my father is, I tell him that he will call once he gets off work.

Three hours later:
I notice that I am not receiving any incoming calls and just getting notifications of voicemails. So I text my dad to call me on my dorm phone, which I was 3-way conferenced with Verizon. Needless to say, the issue is still not resolved and I am stuck with a defective phone since the recommendation to go to another store is out of the question (an additional 3 hours from the first store close to school). The technician over the phone told me and my father that he will put in a supervisor contact request and that he would call within the hour. The call never came.

This is not the first time that Verizon has done this to me or my father regarding either one of our accounts and my father has told me that he is contacting a lawyer first thing Monday morning. So before I completely go ape**** over this, what would you guys recommend I do from here at school to get this solved? I am at the point to where I am going to terminate my contract (my father agrees) and refuse to pay the cancellation fee as well as any other fees that may come up. As if it wasn't bad enough that Verizon billed me for upgrading to the Vogue (or XV6900) at full price when they sent the notification for my upgrade though I had another phone already.

If I can't get this phone working, I may switch back to my old green enV until it is resolved. If I remember correctly, Verizon's customer service policy states that they aren't satisfied until I am, and yet no one seems to care about this at all.

So in summation (fancy word for conclusion), I again restate, what do you think my next move should be?