Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 AM
jhzafrani
Lurker

jhzafrani is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket411 - Beta testers needed

Hello All,

One of the software packages that I missed the most when switching from a Blackberry to a Pocket PC was Berry411. For those of you who are not familiar, Berry411 is an application that allows users to find information very quickly. It is essentially an interface around Google's various services.

I decided to write an application and am releasing it as beta (more like alpha) for people to try out and let me know what they think. It is attached to this thread. Simply download the zip, extract the CAB file, place it on your Pocket PC and execute it to install the application.

When the application is run for the first time, it will ask the user to setup the three locations that the application will use. Those are home, work, and other. The format of the location can be anything from a full address to just a zip code. Only one location is required for the software to operate correctly. Once the initial configuration is done, the main screen of the application will be presented. To use, simply select the location (home is the default), enter the search term, and select from the search menu the type of search you would like to perform. All results are presented in Pocket IE.

This application requires the .Net Framework compact edition version 2.0 to be installed. Further, it is a Pocket PC app only and has only been tested with Pocket PC 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0.

I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions, and reports of issues.

Thanks in Advanced,

Jim Zafrani
Attached Files
File Type: zip pocket411setup_160.zip (118.9 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!