View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:12 AM
ratsnake
Lurker

ratsnake is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help please Change SMS dll

I need help in doing this can anyone give me the details????????? i need to do step number 2 ........
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:13 pm • Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We seem to have 2 SMS issues and 2 proposed solutions...

Issues
#1 SMS messages are not received between carriers
evans wrote:
I'm still running 1.0.1 (with the Verizon ExtRom patch). Non-Verizon customers have not been receiving my SMS (text) messages since this past weekend, which was coincidentally when I installed 1.0.1 (with the Verizon ExtRom patch).

#2 SMS message is concatenated into From field
nobrake wrote:
when I recieve a text message, the message becomes part of the contact name. I'm coming from the original telus 3.3 and it was working fine. Any solutions? thanks

Solutions
#1 Fix overlaps between carrier and OEM_Helmi_Addition OEMs
luv2chill wrote:
OK Verizon users affected by this SMS thing, can you please replace this file in the OEM_Helmi_Addition folder in \OEM and build a ROM to test to see if the problem is resolved?

This removes the following keys from Helmi's OEM, presumably allowing them to be set by the carrier OEMs...
HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA
MsgType=4

HKLM\Software\OEM\SMS
PriorityHighLevel=2
EnablePriorityHighLevel=1

This correction has been reported to work by phoenx06, and makes the config of the kitchen simpler (i.e. no need to have overlapping keys, since these are in the carrier customizations anyway.)

#2 Change SMS dll
evans wrote:
I found out early this morning that changing the SMS provider in:
HLKM\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocol\Text from HTC_SMS_Providers.dll to SMS_Providers.dll fixed it

This correction has been reported to work by evans, and young.till.i.die.