Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM
midiology
PPCGeeks Regular

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Hmmmm... here is a wierd one...

Built a couple different roms from the kitchen for alltel... used 20931 had an issue,, then retrograded back to some earlier versions and tried and had same problem...

The problem is that when the phone tries to connect to the internet, it immediately comes up and says cannot connect for unknown reason.. please check your settings...

so to try and rectify,, i reflashed with alltels newest rom from htc site,,, did 228 2 and 228 3...
logged the phone onto the internet,,, waited 5 minutes,, logged off... phone came up and said it will restart in 15 seconds.. so I was sure that epst had fully updated...

after reboot,, I tested net and pix.. both worked fine...

recooked rom with kitchen.. using 20931,,, flashed... checked epst.. absolutely no settings had been changed after the new cooked rom was installed... tried the internet.. unable to connect for unknown reason...

I double checked all winmo connection settings,, they were correct.. double checked all epst settings and they were all correct.. as I had written them all down before I flashed...

i even tried adding dcds alltel carrier cab,, and no go.. it seems like winmo doesnt know that there is a modem there or something... so I ended up flashing back to stock again for now...

If anyone else has had this issue please let me know.. pm me or something.. thanks a bunch...

by the way,, just to add.. I have used 20931 to cook multiple roms for cricket for this phone and never had this problem.. so im wondering if it has something to do just with the alltel carrier settings?

Last edited by midiology; 01-28-2009 at 04:42 PM.